Canned soup, white wine, Swiss cheese and crushed croutons dress up the chicken breasts in this elegant entree. Ideal for unexpected guests, it requires only a few ingredients. The creamy sauce is excellent with garlic mashed potatoes or rice.
Prep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine soup and wine; pour over chicken. Top with cheese and sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 35-40 minutes.
1 each: 308 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.